The Union Building, Tooley Street, London, SE1
This is the restoration and conversion of a Jacobean style building to provide twelve spacious apartments. The building was originally constructed in 1898 by the Guardian of St Olave’s whose task it was to provide relief for the poor in the area.
Hollybrook acquired the property from Southwark Council who had previously used it as a Social Security office. The building is clad in Red Dundee Stone, which was carefully cleaned and restored to bring it back to its original condition. The interior of the building contains some magnificent stained glass, joinery and plasterwork detailing, all of which has been left in-situ and incorporated into the finished apartments.